Do a complete focused fast on Mondays and Thursdays, and do the following:
1) Get up and read from the Qur`ān in Arabic and English while crying –
❝Innā fī Khalqis samāwati wal Ard❞
―Al-Qur`ān, surat Āl ʿImrān (The Family of Imran), Chapter 3, verse 191
2) Make a focused wudū’ and pray Tahajjud, followed by,
3) a very light Suhūr (brown bread, olives and extra virgin olive oil + 2 table spoons full of canned tuna or one egg) followed by,
4) a day of focused sunnah and Fard prayers.
5) Utilize throughout the day any of the Prophetic du’ās requesting ease like:
❛Allāhumma lāa sahla illā mā ja’altahu sahlā, wa anta taj’alus sa’ba in shi’ta sahlā.❜
(O Allāh, nothing is easy except what you make easy, and You can make what is difficult easy if You wish)
As well as the other du’ās for depression like,
❛Allāhumma rahmataka arjū falā takilnī ilā nafsī tarfata ‘ayn. wa aslih lī sha’nī kullah. Laa ilāha illā Ant❜
(O Allāh, it is Your mercy that I hope for, so don’t leave me in charge of my affairs even for the blinking of an eye. And rectify all of my affairs for me. Nothing has the right to be worshipped except You)
6) Then break the fast with 3 dates and a glass of water and pray Maghrib;
7) Have a light Iftār followed by a focused Ishā prayer.
The depression should begin to lift, if not go altogether from the very first day of the Fast cure. It will work if you do it believing with all your heart, strongly that this Prophetic formula WORKS and the degree to which it does work depends on how seriously you take it and apply it.